As promised, we have another DIY Project for our Posh Mumsies with Dapper Dudes — you’ve seen the TuTu Easter basket for our Poshettes…now may we present…Tuxedo Easter Baskets!
I mean really, what compliments a TuTu better than a Tuxedo? Pretty dapper if I do say so myself! Want to see how we created these handsome baskets? The tutorial is below.
- Easter Basket (White Easter Basket is from Target. Black Easter Basket is from CVS–it was originally blue and green but we spray painted it black for a more ‘regal’ look)
- Collared Shirt with Cuffed Sleeves (Found at the local thrift store)
- Glue Gun/Glue Sticks
- Felt or Foam Sheet
- Bow Tie
1. Cut the collar and one cuff off of the shirt.
2. Find the center of your basket and lay the collar on top.
4. Place your cuff over the top of the frayed edges of the collar ends and glue to the inside of the basket.
5. Bow Tie: Neither one of us have Dapper Dudes (yet), so we didn’t see the need to buy a bow tie. (If you have a real one, feel free to use it) We used black and white foam sheets from the fabric store and cut into the shape of a bow tie. Optional: You can use ribbon to go around the basket for the bow tie strap.
6. Glue the bow tie onto the basket where the two collar edges meet.
7. Optional: You can place three buttons down the front of the basket to complete the look.
We liked our baskets without the bow tie strap and without the buttons–didn’t want it to look too busy.
In case you missed it, click here for our TuTu Easter Basket Tutorial.
If you make your own TuTu or Tuxedo Easter Baskets, share with us! Send your pictures to us via email at PoshMumsy@gmail.com or “@” us on Instagram, Username: @poshmumsy.
Love, Hugs, and Dapper Tuxedos,