Okay, I know Kacey just posted about Green Smoothies,living well, cleansing, and eating clean. So I’m just going to apologize in advance for what I am about to post.
These Country Apple Dumplings are sinfully delicious. I’m talking Paula Deen, two sticks of butter, sugar, “Mmm, Mmm, good ya’ll,” type of sinful. It’s been a rough couple of weeks in my pregnant life and yesterday, my hormones finally got the best of me. I had a meltdown and I needed something to make me feel better. Some good old kitchen therapy was just what the doctor ordered. Well, NO legitimate doctor would EVER order you to make these for yourself, but you get my drift.
Last Night, I made these:
These small morsels of heaven were E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!! Surrounded by a cloud of Vanilla Ice Cream and a dollop of Whipped Cream…Ahhhhhhh-mazing!
If you want to indulge in Pandora’s Box known as Country Apple Dumplings, the recipe is below.
Country Apple Dumplings
- 2 Large Granny Smith Apples (Peeled and Cored)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup of butter (2 Sticks)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus a little more for sprinkling)
- 12 ounces (1 can) of Mountain Dew
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with Butter (or Cooking Spray).
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon onto triangle and roll each apple wedge into dough starting the smallest end. Pinch to seal all edges and place in baking dish.
- Melt Butter in a small saucepan and stir in white, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Once ingredients are mixed, melted, and bubbling, add in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over apple dumplings in baking dish.
- Pour Mountain Dew over the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Indulge. (With Vanilla Ice cream is best)
I know you’re probably thinking…Mountain Dew? What?! I don’t drink soda at all…maybe a cream soda once a year…other than that, No. But these…these NEED the Mountain Dew. I don’t know, I think it has some sort of magical transformation property, just do it lol.
So if you make these, let us know how it goes. Then you can head on over to Kacey’s post for a good cleanse. Cleanses vs. Indulgences — Pick your Poison 🙂
Love, Hugs, and Deliciousness,
P.S. Expect a post from me crying about the 10 pounds I will probably have gained at my next Drs. Appointment.